Wednesday, June 24, 2009

catalogue: sore and hoary

all the things gathered round us
all the things we gathered

furniture absent now
i'll scrub the floor

watch you take the walls down
wrap them in protective plastic

our cover a month of rain
for this move
we come clean round the edges
into another city

a certain maintained speed on the highway
the tilted dressing of a set of lives

bangs hard against the back door of the truck
every time the gas pedal gets depressed


I'm gonna miss new york and the people who've made it what it's been for me. Though I expect that they'll still be important parts of my life wherever I am and whenever we're back in proximity to each other it will be like it always has been. Thanks to those of you who came out to the Beer Garden the other night and endless thanks to the few brave souls who helped lug all of our shit out into the truck. You know where to reach me if you ever need extra hands.

Time gets short and Shannon and I will probably be posting things from our summer adventures somewhere. There's a new book out with Flying Guillotine and when the image is posted up on the site I'll make mention of it here. It came out looking pretty sharp, methinks. Anyway, here's wishing a hell of a summer and few impediments to your good living.

No comments: